The North Carolina League of the South
“Esse quam videri”
To become a free people, we must first see ourselves as a free people.
There is a movement about … the talks of secession have become a mainstream topic and you will rarely go a day without the mention of such acts. Secession petitions have been filed on the White House Website since Barack Obama’s re-election and this movement isn’t just a movement against the Democrat Party but a movement for the future of North Carolina.
There are those that question North Carolina’s ability to sustain herself and her people if we were to be free of such enslavements that have been imposed upon the Great State of North Carolina.
Below are a few facts about North Carolina:
- In 2019 the World Population Review Stats show that North Carolina had approximately 10.5 million citizens.
- NC consists of just under fifty-four thousand square miles, 300 miles of a beautiful shoreline.
- In 2016 deptofnumbers.com ranks North Carolina as the 10th largest economy in the United States.
- North Carolina’s GDP in 2017 was 541 billion, in 2019 was 575 billion ranking NC #32 highest GDP in the world, just above other nations such as Sweden, Poland, Thailand, Norway, Ireland and Hong Kong.
- CNBC’s list of “Top States for Business” recognized North Carolina as the fourth best in the nation for employment.
- In 2018, USNEWS ranked North Carolina as #18 in the nation for healthcare, education, economy, infrastructure, crime and natural environment.
- North Carolina has grown to become a national leader in agriculture, financial services and manufacturing.
- The States industrial output is ranked #8 in the nation, which includes the following industries: textiles, chemicals, electrical equipment, paper, pulp and paper products.
- North Carolina is also the leading producer of tobacco in the nation.
If you are worried about North Carolina holding its own as its own nation, you have to ask yourself … What has been being a part of this “union” done for North Carolina? The United States will continue to slide towards bankruptcy no matter who is in office; that rotating door changes every 4-8 years and North Carolina is forced to accept any policy changes made at the whim of each and every president. It is time we wake up, stop being lemmings, break our chains and chart our own course.
…..Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to affect their Safety and Happiness……
…..But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. – Thomas Jefferson
The people of the reunited States – South and North – are the heaviest taxed civilized People in the world; and their Government, one of the most despotic and corrupt, staining its annals. Does not hypocrisy and contempt, usually go together? And will the echoes of Revolution throughout the land ever die away, until the South is independent; or the South is free? – Robert Barnwell Rhett