TEN REASONS FOR SECESSION (2010)
A 2009 Zogby poll revealed that about one out of every five Americans believe that States have a right to peaceably secede from the United States and become independent republics. A similar percentage says that they would support a secession movement in their own State.
The greatest support for secession came from the South, where almost 26% of those polled supported a peaceful break with Washington, DC.
What is behind this increasing support for secession and independence? Perhaps the answer is this: hard reality has finally trumped the myth of a sacred, indivisible union. In other words, many citizens are beginning to see the hand writing on the wall, and the message is alarming.
There are at least ten good reasons for Southern secession in early 21st-century America:
- The U. S. government is an organized criminal enterprise
- The U. S. economy is a basket case
- The South’s unique history and culture is worth protecting
- The criminal nature of the bank bailouts and the Fed
- A dysfunctional national electoral system
- Third World immigration into the South
- Organic community vs. the globalism of the elites
- The implementation of an American police/surveillance state
- The Christian South v. secular America
- Because we think we can rule ourselves better than we are being ruled by DC
Can you think of some other reasons?
22 January 2010